Thursday, February 25, 2010

Job transition and milk sniffing

The past couple of weeks have been all kinds of craziness. I went in to sign paperwork for MA, and for the third time asked about my current MLM ties, and was finally told what I suspected, that I would have to stop working for any MLM's that were direct competitors... so I have spent the past two seeks scrambling to get some serious changes made to the current system I had and making some stuff at least quazai-standable standards of code. But, now it's all done, and thank goodness-- I don't know how I wuld have handled burning the candle at both ends.... or all three ends I guess! If you ever think you could be a work-at-home-mom, DON'T. You can't. Well, you CAN, but you would just be bad at both jobs... and that's no fun. Anyway...

Jonas occasionally asks me to draw pictures for him during bath time. Recently, he has been asking me to draw a "bebe" (baby) in a "bath" with a "mommy bee-side bebe". Easy enough. Sometimes he will attempt to copy, and it's usually pretty cute. A few days ago, though, he asked me to draw him a "ms keisha" and a "ms keisha" beside the first ms. keisha, and a "ne-ed bebe" beside that ms keisha, and a "ta-eeh (towel) fah-ded (folded)" beside the baby. He pitched a gigantic fit because the towel didn't have a hood, though. So I drew a hood and he calmed down... whew!

Brandon and I have gotten really into the olympics this year... especially curling! I suppose it's because we have both had the whole two weeks at home while jonas has been at school. Not that we've not been working tirelessly, butthere's been some kind of olympics on in the background. MAN, I don't know what it is about curling, but we watched it for hours and hours and weren't bored. I totally want to try it now. I hear there's a place in Raleigh... hmmmmm...

Jonas is doing much better in school. He still wakes up and says "no doo!" (no school... why he pronounces it this way is beyond me...) but he's been going fairly happily, and usually wets 0-1 outfits a day, so pretty good. He always talks about hte stuff he does there,,, usually involving some sort of sport. Oh, what will we do if he is good at sports? We are sooo not... oh well, I guess we'll manage!

Jonas is becoming increasingly difficult... yes, the classic "terrible twos". He (naturally) throws fits over just about anything, from insisting he wants to burn his mouth, to always being a ne-ed boy, to "need" ing candy, wanting to be held all the time (or never), changing his mind in a split second, you name it, he's probably pitched a fit over it. He is also a stubborn "i'll PROVE i'm right kind of kid too. I imagine brandon and I were both the same way, i don't know. for example:

A few days ago we had some old milk jugs that we had neglected to throw out. Jonas was playing with them, banging them together to make noice, kicking them and saying "aaaah- doosh!", etc. He decided he wanted to take off the lid at some point. I told him "Let's leave the lid on buddy, it's stinky in there." but no, jonas insists we take the lid off. so I said "Fine, but if you take it off you have to smell it, ok?" "yes!" The lid comes off. He takes a deep whif. Instantly he stiffens and pulls the jug away from his nose, his face goes blank but his eyes are telling-- they're watering at the sides with restraint. Holding back my laughter I asked him if it smelled good. He didn't say anything, but instead just nodded "yes" stiffly. So I said, "do you want to smell it again?" to which he gave an even slower and claculated nod. "Ok, then smell it!" well, he was in his little game now, he had to see it through, and sure enough, he lifted that disgusting thing to his nose and "smelled" it. what he actually did was hold his breath and wiggle his head a little to make him look like he was sniffing. he announced "mmm!" and then sat the jug down and walked away... ah, to be young and stubborn!

No comments:

Post a Comment