Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Why?

...is the question we now hear a zillion times a day. Yes, officially in the "why" stage. There are other stages he is now in that we are more excited about. The "doesn't want to get his pull-up wet at night" being at the top of the list. He's decided he wants to stay dry all night, so he will now get up in the morning and come pee instead of wander the house and refuse to do so. Excellent!

Another phase he has started is a new class at school. He is now a proud member of the "older twos" class, which as far as I can see just means he is pretty much potty trained. Very good! He's also seemed to develop the ability to use conjunctions and the word "to". For example:

Me: Joe, do you want to go to the park or go walk down to the water?
Jonas: I want to walk to the water and then go to the park!

Sadly, this means that he gets upset when these events do not unfold as he describes to us. Oh well... at least he can tell us about his woes now!

Brandon told me when they were leaving this morning, Jonas looked down and saw his trains on the ground. His reaction: "Oh no! My trains are out. I will pick them up!" Whaaaaat? Um. Awesome?! Yes. I hope that trend continues!

This evening as I put Jonas to bed, he asked me to "sing 'la rain song", which is needtobreathes "washed by the water". So I did, and he decided to sing along. Now, like most two year olds (I guess) his idea of "singing" is yelling every important word. He decided it would be best to grab hold of his bed rail and jump along with it as well, so we got something like this:

Even... RAIN FALL!!
Even... Flood Risin' and I play in it (he added this last bit)
Even... durm dums (storm comes)
I is... Washed By WADER!!
Earth feet
... dum dum me! (he never can say "turn around and crucify me... so he just yells incoherently and ends with "me")
Let down!
I WONT FALL! I WONT FALL!!
You is 'round me!

It was super cute. Brandon poked his head in and asked if that was the song he thought it was... it was =).

After his "singing" he asked me to "please please please stay with me in my room". Well, how could I refuse that? So I laid there with him a couple of minutes and pretended to be asleep while I listened to him whisper to himself...
"i have a russell costume
russell costume russell costume
russell costume. russell costume! I like my russell costume! where is kevin?"
after a couple of minutes, I told him I was leaving gave him a kiss on the cheek. as I leaned over to give him a kiss, he ever so gently rubbed his hand through my hair, then stopped and said "Mommy, you can not leave." "why not?" I inquired. "Bedause, I have your hair. You can not leave now bedause I is holding your hair." wow. He sure was, too. He wasn't pulling, just holding very tightly... I told him I could leave if he let go, to which he responded "Die (try) to leave mommy. die it." I started to move, but he had my hair still. "see mommy, you can not leave, i has your hair!", says he, delighted. I got him to let go of my hair pretty quickly, but I have to admit, his logic was solid there!

No comments:

Post a Comment