Monday, May 11, 2009

*Snap!*

Today Brandon, Jonas and I went to get my car aligned. Our tires were completely worn through after less than 3,000 miles so clearly something was wrong, and sure enough, we were super duper out of alignment. The best the repair guy could figure is that somebody used a car jack and jacked the car up on one of the thingys that holds the wheel straight... so our whee was running crooked and dangerous. Boo! I'm pretty sure it was Discount Tire, and after our little run-in over them not telling us our car was so out of alignment in the first place, this could get kid of ugly... cuz there is no way I am gonna be paying for this without a fight. Anyway...

In the meantime while waiting for our car, the three of us went to Wal-Mart and K-Mart in search of a watch for me. Generally, I am a pretty fast decision maker, but for some reason, I just can't decide when it comes to watches... which is especially sad if you have seen my watch. it's definitely nothing special. All I want is a watch with a leather or REAL metal strap (so my wrist doesn't turn green, it doesn't stink, and it doesn't tear), the date, a light (I always wake up in the night and need the time), something I can get wet (i am bound to get a watch wet with a 1 year old), and preferably, but not required, digital. How hard is this to find? Well not very if you are ok with wearing a gigantic sports watch, which I am not unless its cute, but otherwise, it's kind of hard to find. Sigh.... that wasn't even the point of the story...

As I am looking for a watch, the George Michael song "Wake me up before you Go Go" comes on over the speakers... I effectively can think of only one thing when this song comes on, and of course that is Edd, Aaron (and Brian I guess) dancing around 4 seasons mall in "Choose Life" t-shirts... followed shortly thereafter by zoolander & company having a gasoline fight... anyway.... Brandon (holding Jonas) I guess was also thinking of this image, because he started snapping his fingers in rhythm. Jonas, completely enthralled, watched and decided he would give it a try. He started waving his arm in beat like daddy did, but instead of snapping, he was "clucking" his tongue on every downbeat of his hand. It. Was. SO. Adorable. OMG! And that, my friends, is the story of the day!

1 comment:

  1. awwww!! I can picture it clearly... the dork family! :)

    ReplyDelete