Thursday, May 28, 2009

childrens museum

the past week has been a pretty dreary one, and so I took the advice of Jen and took Jonas to the children's museum yesterday. I had never been there before, but I know I am definitely going back!

They had so much fun, elaborate stuff for the kids to play with, and it really was perfect for Jonas's age. They had a miniature market, theatre, beach (sand, of course), train, house, construction site, and a few other things-- all complete with props and costumes for the kids to dress up in and use, and all unbreakable (mostly). They even had some full-sized stuff like a fire truck, police car, race car and jet cockpit for the kids to play in and use... so amazing! I would go in to more detail, but it would take forever.

I think Jonas's favorite thing of all was the "tots" area because they had a little tyles foot-powered car in there. He LOVED it. He would get in and push away saying "bye bye" and waving, delighted he was able to use the car. A close second was the market and train. He loved pushing the cart at the market and putting food in, and well, the train was just awesome.

On a different subject, Jonas is throwing things at people, and we are having trouble getting him to stop... don't really know how to do that. I guess we'll figure it out eventually, though...

Ok, I know this was a weak entry, I am just tired and wanted to write something before I forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment