Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy, Busy week!

Well, this past week (so far) has been one of extreme 'business' for the Kennedy family. I 'officially' have a big new client as of the past weekend, and finding time to work on stuff for them has been the name of the game this past week.

As most of you know, Brandon and I both work at home, and since Brandon is in summer classes that occupy his time until 1:15 Monday - Thursday, then has to do the work for those classes and get products shipped, that leaves me just about zero time during the day to do programming. I basically have an hour or two at lunch to get some things done, but since it takes me a solid 30 min. just to figure out where I was when I was last there... It really cuts into my programming time.

Thankfully, I have been blessed with wonderful people willing to watch Jonas for a full day, yay! Monday Jonas stayed with me. We went to story time at the library, which is now a consolidated group of birth-almost 3 years old. Talk about a madhouse! There were SO many people there! I actually ran into a girl I went to high school with and her 10 month old there... pretty neat. Anyway, the range of kids was interesting because the older ones would sit and listen to the books, so the smaller kids (Jonas) would copy them... it was pretty adorable. Anyway, still craziness with over 20 families in the room at once.

Tuesday, Sarah Feild volunteered to watch Jonas most of the day, and from what I heard, he had a big time playing and going on errands with them. They went to the bank and he got a sticker (yay!) and he even got to visit the daycare across the street, where I am told he was a big hit. He must have been, because as we left, you could see all the kids with their noses pressed against the glass waving at him... aww!

Yesterday, Monica volunteered to watch Joe along with Chase, Brooklyn, and Ashlynn. Wow-- I don't know how she does it!! Jonas must have had a LOT of fun at their house if for no other reason than he was totally exhausted when he got home. He stayed asleep when I put him to bed (which he doesn't usually do), and he slept this morning until NINE! He never does that anymore! Monica said he was being sneaky about going up their stairs (he isn't supposed to do that). He would wait until he heard a noise he thought would distract her, then RUN up the stairs as fast as he could, but she was watching to tell him 'no no!" hahaha, funny boy! She said he also really enjoyed wearing the dog costume of Chase's (woof woof!). Ellen watched all the kids that night for cell, and she said Evan and Jonas were doing a lot of hugs and kisses to eachoter... and sure enough, as soon as she said it, they both went in for hugs and kisses... adorable! She even said Evan fell over once and Joe tried to help him up... I didn't even know he registered that stuff. I got home from cell to see Brandon home. He had skipped cell so that he could play with Jonas some. He had hardly seen him in days, and little boy was already asleep.. aww!

Today, Joe stayed with me, so I didn't get anything done. But that's ok. My head was so full of functions and singletons that I think the break was good for me. It also gave me (and Jonas) some time to prepare for the Muggle Quidditch game this saturday, for which I have not gotten anything done. Joe and I went to a bike shop and got a messed up bike wheel for a goal, then went to Aunt Jill's for 3 hula hoops. We also went to Lowes (home improvement) for the PVC pipes. That was a fun trip. They had a shopping cart that was a GIANT jimmy johnson race car with a seat at the top for a kid to sit and drive, so naturally, we had to have that. Jonas LOVED it. he drove and made car sounds all through the store... so cute!

Oh! we also went to the park this morning, where Jonas chased some 'big kids' and tried to get them to bump his fist. they didn't get it and just gave him a wide girth. He also threw a football around, and when he threw it out of the playground area, he couldn't figure out how to get it back, so he tried a few things, then decided he would just walk around... so he walked out of the playground area, around to the football, and back in with it. Nice. That is real problem solving... amazing how he grows!

I gave Joe a haircut this monday. He looks so big! I just cut the hairs on top down, but still... it makes a big difference. Sigh... big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment