Saturday, June 13, 2009

Muggle Quidditch!!

So, several months ago, I did a youtube search for 'quidditch' and found a news story on a bunch of college kids that had started an official Muggle Quidditch league. Well, I HAD to at the very least see this, better yet play it. Dispite Brandon's pessimism that I could ever find enough people willing to play, and that it would ever happen on top of that, we got a group of 9 people together (15 is the preferable number, bust still!) and played.

Being a very unatheletic person, as were most of us, the games were kind of short and probably not as crazy as if we were all in shape, but we still had SO much fun! There is even talk of starting a league in our area... so who knows? maybe we will! I hope so... that would be sweeeet =) Here were are teams (at leat the original ones):
Brandon, Max, Dave and I were on the brown team (lame name... whatever)
Sarah, Zan, Julie and Jec were on the blue team
And naturally, Ashleigh was the snitch, followed by Sarah and then Max last.

Jonas had at least marginal fun wiht Grandma watching us play. Sure, it was very hot, but whatever, he's a toddler, he lives for being dirty. I gotta say, he was probably the dirtiest I have seen him (well, at least sticky-wise) after playing, but nothing a long bath wouldn't fix.

Sigh... good times. I need a shower sooo bad =)

No comments:

Post a Comment