Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Horse in the driveway

Jonas had been getting up really late the past couple of weeks, not that I am complaining. It's been pretty awesome actually. I get to sleep till 9:30, and when we go places (like the childrens museum) I can stay out longer because his nap time isn't at noon. This is especially awesome at the childrens museum where we went today. All the kids have lunch and nap at noon, but not us! It was actually so deserted today that I thought something was wrong because I couldn't hear ANYBODY. Like... weird, we were the only ones in that huge room with the train and airplane and stuff...

After Jojo and I got home, I put him to bed and then went to work as usual. Nothing amazing. Jonas got up, and we decided it would be a good time to take Rudy out and wander in the quazi-rain in our rain boots. Soo, we got that ready and opened the door, and what was out there, but a HORSE! Yes, in my suburban townhouse setting, there was a pretty chesnut mare outside of our house. (obviously) we didn't let rudy out because he was going ballistic, but we did go out to see the horse. It was our neighbors... i guess they have horses, and had to be inside for a while, so they let their 15 yr old grandson take one of the horses out for a while. YAY! Jonas was pretty excited (probably not as much as me), and said he wanted to pet the horse, but when we got close he said "No!" and shied away... so I petted the horse instead. Then Zack took the horse aroud the side of the house to munch on the grass there, and we watched. Of course, Jonas tried to eat some grass too, then decided he DID want to pet the horse. No, wait, nevermind, maybe not once we got back to the horse again. Silly boy!

I then went to a meeting for church, and when I got back Brandon and Jonas showed me the tent that they had made around Jonas's bed. Brandon said Joe entertained himself for an hour playing in the tent while I was gone... sweet! It was pretty great. We made some modifications and let him sleep under it tonight. Hopefully it will go ok.

ALlright, I need to go make some cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment