Thursday, November 5, 2009

Best Boy Ever!

So, this past week has probably been my favorite ever with my little boy. I don't know what's been different, possibly knowing that I won't have to worry about our finances for at least one more month... i don't know. But either way, Jonas has just been the best little boy ever this past week! We've had so much fun together =)

Monday the three of us went to the park near our house, where Jonas decided to put his climbing skills to the test and scale the "rock" stairs to get to the tallest slide on the playground and go down. He did pretty well for such a little guy, and he was certainly thrilled that mommy AND daddy were there to cheer him on as he went down the slide and up the wall over and over.

Tuesday we went to the childrens museum. They added a sandbox outside, and Jonas was all about playing in it. I bit off the nagging voice in the back of my head saying "don't get dirty!" and we both got covered in wet sand and built castle after castle after castle. Jonas had a great time "slicing" the castles like they were cakes after we turned them over... fun! Of course, he took his new skills inside and tried to build a sandcastle with the foam "coal" at the railroad train... fail... but still fun! Plus, wet sand dries fast and we were allll clean (ish) in no time! Then we headed over to the Reich's where Jonas ate all of his lunch (he usually doesn't care for any meal that isn't breakfast), and then TOOK A NAP (yay!) . The last time I tried to get him to sleep at the Reich's it was a disasterous attempt (in that he didn't sleep at all and wanted to play with the Jesus doll). But he slept this time for exactly as long as it took me to clean the house... yesssss!

Then we went back to the childrens museum, where he played at the train table for an hour. It was at this time that I was so proud of little Jonas. There were a couple of other kids playing with the trains, and he did such a good job sharing, and asking before he just jumped in. Plus, the kids were bigger and knew how to use all of the parts that he ignores, so it was fun to watch him watching the kids to see what to do with all the train parts, and he learned! The kids put the trains in the roundhouse to sleep, and so did he (with little snoring sounds to boot). The kids used the drawbridge, and so did he... just a cute little copycat!

On our way out he asked to go see the trains. I think he remembered going with Aunt Jenna and Aunt Julie (and maybe Aunt Nicole?) the week before, and knew he was close to the station. Alas, no trains were there when we drove by...

Wednesday we went to the park near our house and played for a long time. There were only a couple of other kids there, so Jonas had free reign again. I usually hover around him when he's on the big play equipment because I'm afraid he'll fall off the edges or something, but he did so well today that I actually got to sit and just watch him play most of the time. He got REALLY good at climbing the rock stairs, and he figured out how to climb up the plastic "hamster tubes" that run everywhere. Before wednesday, he could never figure out how to go up them, he always slid down, but not anymore, he used the hand grips and pulled his way up like he'd been doing it forever! So exciting! The whole playground is his to enjoy now!!

Punctuated throughout the week, Jonas and I have just wandered around the common area of our townhouses. Jonas learned to say "Miss Da-yeen" (Miss Darleen... very close!) and will now usually run up to miss Darleen's door yelling for her and start knocking. Well, of course, Miss Darleen just loves Jonas to death and loves having somebody come visit her, so it's a win-win-win situation =). Jonas has so much fun playing with her wind chimes, and sitting in her chair, and getting her to bouce his ball "high! **extends arms upward**". It's awesome.

Today, we went to Ken's house to set up the shipping there and get everybody trained on it. Jonas went with us, and let me tell you, he was a very happy boy! Apparently Ken's kids are really into animals, because he had a menagerie to look at. There were about a dozen dachsunds (bleh, JOe doesn't care for dogs he doesn't know), 5 pens of chickens (He LOVED THEM!), about 100 rabbits, 2 tanks full of frogs, a fish tank (also love it), a parrot, a hedgehog, and a tank of turtles. me oh my! If I was 10+ years younger I would have thought I died and went to heaven! Little Jonas was definitely thrilled, I know that much =). After we left, I got a call from sissy seeing if I wanted to go to adams farm and walk, and of course I did, but not before we went to see Santa (scary, of course).

Soo, Joe and I left daddy to his school work and went walking and looking at ducks, and making a racket in the tunnels, and (naturally) playing on the playground at adams farm. Aunt Jenna has officially taught Jonas to pump his legs when he swings. He says "in" "out" and does his legs just like he should and is so proud of himself! I even let him sit on the "big" swing and he didn't do awful today....

but now, it's bedtime. My, do I hope the next forever is just as awesome as this last week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment