Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jonas need Ty-na-nol

So Jonas is thinking up snarky answers to questions that are really clever, albeit smart-alecy all at once. The best example was from about a week ago. Here's what went down:

Jonas came home from Grandma's house last week all excited about "ty-na-nol" or... as he was sometimes prompted to call it "ah-da- ma- ma-finnn" (acetaminophen). I guess his teeth were hurting so Lisa gave him a tylenol chew tablet, which he LOVED. Now we aren't sure when he is really hurting or just wants tylenol. He spent several days saying "Owie owie, my mouf hurts. I need tynanol!" and when we would say "no, you just want tylenol. i don't think you're really hurting". Unabashed, he would continue:
J: "ooooow, my head hurts"
Parents: "No it doesn't"
J: Ooowieee, my throat hurts! ... my eyes hurt! my nose hurts!
Parents: "wow... that is a lot of stuff to be hurting you"
J: Yeah. (smiles)
P: you're still not getting any Tylenol. we can't just give it to you anytime, it's not candy.
J: (realizes his lie has been seen through, begins to pitch a fit, crying kicking his legs, etc)
P: sorry buddy, we know you like it. But we don't know when you're lying, so we're only going to give it to you if you have a fever. (pause... does he know what a fever is?? better ask!) Do you know what a fever is?
J: It's what I have when I get tynanol!

well, we can't argue with that! we then said that was true, and it's also when your head is really hot. He accpeted this and life went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment