Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cleaning up after Kitty

So yesterday I was explaining to Jonas (again) why he couldn't play with the cat litter box. The kitten was in it pooping and I explained that it was the potty for the kitten, and was yucky. This seemed to strike an instant chord with Joe, because he immediately stopped trying to get hte gravel and watched patiently while the kitten did its thing. As soon as it was done, Jonas ran over to the pantry and grabbed a bag out of the bag holder, ran over to the litter box, and proceeded to try and grab the poop out of the box using the bag. Bless his little heart, he was doing what we do with Rudy's poop! I blocked him from getting anything in the bag and explained that I had to do that just now, so I took the bag and pretended to scoop up the poop, and then threw the bag in the trash.

10 minutes later, I lost track of Jonas, and I found him in the kitchen, trying to throw away a small bag of cat litter he had scooped up... ewww! Sweet little guy, trying to be so helpful! At one point last night, I asked brandon if the cat was hungry, and Jonas took an immediate interest in the cat's food and water bowl, which were (mostly) empty. He took it out of the cat's crate, and I tokd him it was empty and we needed to put some food in it for the kitten, so take it in the kitchen... which he did. I emptied out the old food and water, and showed him how to put the food in, so he put some food in for the kitten, then he held the tray under the sink to fill it with water. I then took a risk. I let him carry the food and water into the other room for the kitten... of course, he only made it about halfway before the kitten met him. He was so excited to feed it he plopped the tray down and sloshed water out everywhere. The kitten was apparently thirsty because it started drinking water. Jonas, noticing that we had soaked its food to get it soft, took a piece of food, dipped it in the water, and held it up to the kitten's mouth to eat... awwww! Kitten wasn't itnerested, but it was still cute!

And on a different subject, I asked Jonas to open the door in his room yesterday, and he DID. Uh-oh, he can work doorknobs now... at least I am pretty sure he can... I didn't expect him to do it, so there is a chance the door was open already and he just pulled it, but I think he got it. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment