Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I ate mouse. and zimmy-zonga

A few minutes ago, as I laid JOnas down for bed, he made up a story. I will try to retell it to the best of my ability:
Me: what else do you want to pray for?
J: Miss Keisha.
Me: ok, pray for miss keisha... what about her?
J: Miss Keisha has mouse.
Me: she has a mouse?
J: Miss Keisha hold mouse in hand. (he cups his hands to demonstrate). Miss Keisha put mouse in Jodis (jonas) hand. jodis hold mouse!
Me: Miss keisha gave you a mouse to hold?
J: Miss keisha put mouse in jodis hand! Jodis hold mouse. Jodis EAT mouse! (puts his hands to his mouth) **whooom!** (eating sound)
Me: you ate a mouse?
J: (chewing) mouse in mouth! jodis eat mouse in mouth. jodis spit out. (he holds his hands up and pretends to spit something large out of his mouth). Heeeah (here) mommy. you eat mouse.
Me: ok... (I pretend to eat the mouse).
J: i want see in mouth!
Me: (opens mouth)
J: there is mouse in deee-uh (there)!
Me: Yup! I ate the mouse!
J: eww, mommy eat mouse! mommy, spit it out! Jodis want eat mouse!!
Me: (pretends to spit it out and give it to joe.)
J: (pretends to eat the mouse. this time with exaggerated chewing. he whos me his mouth) mouse in jodis mouth!!
Me: I see it in there! how did that mouse get in there?
J: I put it in dee-ah! (points to self)
Me: oooh.
J: (frezes, stares. makes a BIG pretend swallow, smacks his lips, and smiles big) Jodis saw-yo mouse!
Me: You're silly!!
J: (laughs and screams)

Since I am writing a blog, I guess I should update the weekly happenings. The most important of which is that Brandon finally got his graduation/father's day gift sunday: a kitten. My requirement was that it must have a Harry Potter name. It's name started as Catface Meowmers... we decided eventually that "catface" which is what we all were calling it, just wan't good enough. More names were discussed. "Marvolo", "Digory", and "Norbert" were in the running. I got home from work today and Brandon said he really wanted to name it Ronan. I am pretty sure there is a centuar named Ronan, so I think ol' catface is now named Ronan. Luckily, Jonas can say this name very clearly. Ronan is an orange tabby, and appears to be very sweet. Not being a huge cat person, this is important to me.

We took Jonas to the pound on saturday to look at the kittens, and he was pretty much a devil child. Even though he hasn't had any accidents in weeks, he decided it was time to break the tradition about 1 minute after we got there. He promptly peed all over brandon. This is not why he was bad,,, i mean, it's just an accident... but it didn't help that we forgot clothes for him to change into, and that he had ANOTHER accident 20 minutes later. He was mostly being a huge butt because he was trying to scare all the animals, and was refusing to listen. He was running, jumping (yes, real jumps, his new skill), screaming, and throwing cat food that he found on the floor at every animal he could. It was not a pretty scene. Defeated, we left early.

Sunday, we went back and got the cat that brandon wanted, then took Jonas immediately to the doctor because his eyes had been nasty. Jonas was AMAZING at the doctor! I couldn't believe he was my son. He calmly walked in the office by himself, didn't pitch a fit when we didn't get to the waiting room to see the fish, stood on the scale like an old pro, walked in the waiting room, and sat calmly waiting for the doctor. The doctor came pretty fast since it was Sunday, and Joe complied instantly like an adult to everything he asked (can you look this way? can you open your mouth? stick your tongue out? lay down? hold still?). It was totally crazy. I don't know what made him decide it was ok this time (usually it's a scraming fit to get close to the building) but i'm glad it was different!

Anyway.... joe had to stay with brandon monday, and they had a good time. Brandon did IM me at work to say that he suggested they make something fancy for lunch. Joe say "ses, madt(make) something fan-tee!(fancy)" brandon suggests lasagna. Jo says "No want make zimmy-zonga!"
A W E S O M E !

Nicole and Ivan came over last night to meet the kitty... we had a good time! I wish we lived closer to everybody... it would be sooo nice!

1 comment: