Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stuttering

So, about 2 weeks ago, Jonas --completely out of the blue-- started stuttering. BADLY. I mean, the child just couldn't spit out anything. "Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa Iwa (takes a breath) Iwa Iwa I want a bop dote. (pop tart)" He gets worse with tireness or frustration, obviously. However, it has been very difficult to not make fun of him for his stuttering. Brandon cracked one morning when Jonas was requesting the poptart... or trying, over and over again. We didn't have any and Joe kept asking. brandon was getting agitated and replied "Well t-t-t-t-t-t-t-ttooooo bad!" I told him that was mean, and he apologized... not that JOnas was phased at all.

This weird stuttering went on for about the past 2 weeks, and then it stopped as suddenly as it started. as I am backdating this entry, I can say that it hasn't come back yet. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment