Monday, March 9, 2009

Kites

So today seemed to fly by. I guess the daylight savings is catching up to us, or something. I somehow managed to get Jonas to sleep till 9:45, which is practically unheard of, even before the spring forward. It was 12:15 and past his nap time before we knew what hit us!

After Jonas's nap, we spent some time playing at the house, then went to a nearby park to try out one of my kites I got for Christmas. I wasn't sure how Jonas would react to the kite, but he was pretty captivated by it for probably 10 or so minutes, an eternity for a 1 year old. He even "flew" it a while. He was thrilled to hold the handle, screaming and screaming again with delight... I actually really did let him fly it some, but he kept trying to give me the handle, which doesn't work when I'm 10 feet away and the kite has a lot of pull... still, fun times!

We got home and did a few things, then went back outside to the backyard and played in the fountain for a while. Jojo loved splashing in the fountain and especially loved taking the rocks out and throwing them... and tasting them... ewww. I am hoping he doesn't wake up with malaria or something... that would be a cool conversation to have with the doctor...

"Have you been to any third world countries recently?"
"...No"
"...So where did your son contract malaria??"
"...Um... our water fountain?"
Yeah, that would be so awesome. Don't worry, I don't really think Jojo is gonna get malaria from licking a rock that sat in stagnant water for 2 years. But still, its pretty gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment