Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My brush is found!

Jonas is a big fan of regular household objects. I don't know about other babies, but I definitely think Jonas is at least a little unique in that he can amuse himself for well over an hour with our swiffer duster, or as we like to call it his "magic wand". He gets a lot of enjoyment from walking around to things and making efforts to dust them, and sometimes he does a pretty decent job!

A couple of days ago he was wandering the house with the duster being a happy boy, and I heard the familiar sound of a toilet lid clinking. Now, I thought the door to the bathroom was closed, but apparently not, still, not to worry, because the toilet lid was surely closed, and it was, he had just slipped his finger up under the lid in an attempt to open it-- something I didn't know he was aware was possible. Anyway, I ran in and grabbed him, thinking little of the incident until later that evening when I hear a... "...Jess?"

"what?"
"was Jonas trying to dust the toilet?"

I walked in to the bathroom to see Brandon holding the magic wand, soaked through that Jonas had deposited in the toilet unbeknown to me earlier that day. Hahaha! We had a good laugh.

Less funny, was Jonas's obsession with hair brushing devices-- combs, brushes, toothbrushes, the lint roller (which he believes to be a hair brush), you name it, he likes it. Why? My guess is because he understands how to use a brush, so it makes him happy to be using something for the correct purpose.... just a guess. Anyway, My only hairbursh had been MIA for the past week, and it was frustrating me because, well, you know, I need it daily. I had finally decided that he must have stashed the brush in one of the old soda boxes that was destined for the dumpster and we didn't check it before we went out (this happens sometimes). I was pretty sad, it was a good brush that did not deserve this fate. Anyway, Brandon called me in to the living room today to retrieve his guage from under the couch while he lifted it, and there was my hairbrush!! Glorious! The only real downside is that I no longer have a real reason to sing the "oh where is my hairbrush" song, and let's face it, I don't really need a reason (but it was a good reminder).

Today was spent like the past few days, going outside to play, enjoying the outdoors some while it's nice. We went to my parents for dinner because mom needed her "Jonas Fix" for the next week. It was good, definitely nice not to worry about dinner for once! Jonas and I went to visit the Hensleys (and Eva stopped by too) so I guess that was cool. After dinner, Jonas enjoyed swinging and playing outside, then dad put him on the deck table that is right under the kitchen window. He had a grand time reaching through the window and playing with the kitchen sink, it was soooo adorable! Hopefully mom and dad can get me a couple pictures, but I'm not crossing my fingers...

I needed to get some pants since I have sized down once again, so we went shopping at the big target shopping center near my parents. After much searching (I can't bring myself to by pants over $10, I know I'll just size out of them in a month or so), I finally found a pair of jeans that will be suitable, I think. Ironically, I had just tried the exact pair on at old navy and thought "good, but not worth $20...". Luckily old navy is crazy and comes out with "redesigned" clothes every few months that are identical to the old clothes, but with a slightly different label that nobody reads. As such, I found the exact same pair of pants at Ross's for $7 that old navy deemed "outdated"... and I am happy to profit off of old navy's stupidity.

I am beginning to understand why kids take so much energy. Up until this point, I would never have argued the matter, but I don't think I fully understood just how much they take. That kid is fast! Plus, he never wants to stop... he can move freely, he even climbed all of my parents stairs tonight (which I didn't know he could do). He still can't go down them yet... safely anyway! I do think he has figured out some about gravity. He no longer seems to want to dive off the bed. Now he waits for us to lower him... not that I trust him on the bed yet, but still... progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment